River Safety & Crossings
Qualified instructors will teach students to assess dynamic river environments and basic hydrology. The students will then learn a variety of techniques to safely cross our Tamariki River Grade 1-2 white water course before having the chance to swim the rapids.
- Students must be 8 years or over on the day of the activity.
Allow two ( 2 ) hours from Check-In time
- Check-in & safety briefing (45 min)
- River safety & crossings (1 hour)
- Students ready to depart (15-30 min)
- Please note that the waterfall-add on is not available on this course
- Standard check-in times: 9am, 10.30am, 12pm (Later check in times available by arrangement, subject to daylight hours)
- Swimming gear is recommended
- Changing rooms/showers on site
- Guide ratio is 1:7. Vector Wero does not require adults to participate. Please consider the ratio required by your school/organisation when applying
- Gear Included:
- Life jacket
- Wetsuit boots
- Wetsuits available for hire (please enquire upon booking)
- Maximum numbers per session
- 1 March – 30 Nov: 42 participants
- 1 Dec – 13 Apr: 56 participants
- Please note that Friday's & Saturday's are not available to book in December.
- Programme based off Unit Standard 427
- Please click here to review the terms and conditions of the white water park before booking.