River Safety & Crossings
To meet government guidelines, all visitors and customers will be required to give information and/or present their My Vaccine Pass (MVP) through our booking process, at Check-in or when visiting the facility. Any person who cannot present an MVP will not be allowed to enter the premises nor participate in any activity.
Please note that students attending as part of an EOTC activity with a registered school, are exempt from this requirement.
If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms prior to your visit or activity, please stay home and call your doctor or Healthline on 0800 358 5453 for advice about getting tested. You will be eligible for a reschedule of your activity or a full refund.
For more information, click here.
Qualified instructors will teach students to assess dynamic river environments and basic hydrology. The students will then learn a variety of techniques to safely cross our Tamariki River Grade 1-2 white water course before having the chance to swim the rapids.
- Students must be 8 years or over on the day of the activity.
Allow two ( 2 ) hours from Check-In time
- Check-in & safety briefing (45 min)
- River safety & crossings (1 hour)
- Students ready to depart (15-30 min)
- Please note that the waterfall-add on is not available on this course
- Standard check-in times: 9am, 10.30am, 12pm (Later check in times available by arrangement, subject to daylight hours)
- Swimming gear is recommended
- Changing rooms/showers on site
- Guide ratio is 1:7. Vector Wero does not require adults to participate. Please consider the ratio required by your school/organisation when applying
- Gear Included:
- Life jacket
- Wetsuit boots
- Wetsuits available for hire (please enquire upon booking)
- Maximum numbers per session
- 1 March – 30 Nov: 42 participants
- 1 Dec – 13 Apr: 56 participants
- Please note that Friday's & Saturday's are not available to book in December.
- Programme based off Unit Standard 427
- Please click here to review the terms and conditions of the white water park before booking.