The Vector Wero Whitewater Park facility is designed to provide a white water course utilising two conveyors transporting users on rafts or kayaks from a large storage lake to either a short or long water course, with the option of venturing over a formed waterfall. There are three 160kW pumps that provide 10.5m3/s of water to the starting pond of the short course. Conversely, there are four 350kW pumps that provide 16.0m3/s of water to the long course with 4.0m3/s of this capacity dedicated to the waterfall.
Vector Wero Whitewater Park is taking the evolving COVID-19 situation very seriously. We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of both our staff and customers and we have implemented various measures to ensure this. For more information, please click here.
Below are the frequently asked questions. If you have a question that isn't answered here, feel free to contact us.
- Is there an entrance fee?
- What if I don't feel well before my visit or activity?
- Is the water flowing all the time?
- Is there a minimum age to do a rafting or kayaking activity?
- Do I need to be experienced to kayak or raft?
- Do I need to complete the trip once the activity has started?
- What do I wear?
- Where can I leave my things?
- What are the two river courses called and what do their classifications mean?
- How long are the two courses?
- If I require medication can I still take part?
- Can I raft/kayak if I am pregnant?
- Can I swim in the lake?
- Where is the Terms and Conditions page?
- Will I need to fill out a form in order to participate?
- Do I need to pay for parking?
- What is your refund policy?
- Can I take photos or videos of my group rafting if I am not participating in the activity?
- Can I use or bring my drone to the Park?
- What is your cancellation/reschedule policy?
Is there an entrance fee?
Entrance to the Park is free for those who would like to watch and walk around. However you must stay on the footpath at all times and not attempt to go near the river’s edge even if the water is not flowing. Locked gates at the end of each footpath are off limits to the public.
What if I don't feel well before my visit or activity?
If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms prior to your visit or activity, please stay home and call your doctor or Healthline on 0800 358 5453 for advice about getting tested. You will be eligible for a reschedule of your activity or a full refund.
Is the water flowing all the time?
The water pumps are only turned on when there is an activity or a booking on a water course.
Is there a minimum age to do a rafting or kayaking activity?
Children under 13 must be accompanied by his/her parent or another responsible adult at all times throughout their visit at the Park. All water activity participants under 18 years old will need a completed parental consent form.
Age restrictions apply to the following water courses:
Grade 1-2: 5 years old (5, 6 & 7 year old's must be accompanied by an adult).
Grade 3: 13 years old
Do I need to be experienced to kayak or raft?
Kayaking: You must pass an assessment first and be able to demonstrate competencies e.g. perform an eskimo roll, defensive swimming skills etc. Click here for more information on kayaking competencies.
Rafting: No experience needed as you will be with a raft guide. You’ll need to be at a reasonable level of fitness and have the ability to understand and follow instructions.
Do I need to complete the trip once the activity has started?
No, you don't have to complete the activity. One of the advantages of the facilities and activities of Vector Wero is that if you are uncomfortable at any point of the trip, you have the option to opt out.
What do I wear?
The minimum you will need is a swimsuit. We provide booties if you don’t have your own footwear. Secure water shoes or sneakers are great. Slip on type aqua socks tend to come off and are not advised. Longjohn style wetsuits are available for hire at $12. In colder months, we suggest that you bring a thermal top to stay a little warmer.
Where can I leave my things?
Vector Wero has lockers available for both changing rooms for $2 per hour payable via cash or debit/credit card. For bigger groups, bag bins are available on a first come, first serve basis and need to be reserved prior to the activity day.
What are the two river courses called and what do their classifications mean?
Grade 1-2:Tamariki River
Regular medium-sized waves of less than 1 metre; and low ledges or drops, easy eddies, and gradual bends; and a passage that is (i) Easy to recognise; and (ii) Generally unobstructed, although there may be rocks in the main current, overhanging branches, or log jams.
Grade 3: River Rush
Have fairly high waves of 1 to 2 metres; and have broken water, stoppers and strong eddies, exposed rocks, and small falls; and have a passage that may be difficult to recognise from the river; and require manoeuvring to negotiate the rapids.
How long are the two courses?
Tamariki River: 200m
River Rush: 300m
If I require medication can I still take part?
We advise that you check with your GP before taking part in any of our activities. It is advisable that your medication is accessible.
Can I raft/kayak if I am pregnant?
No. The Park does not allow anyone who is pregnant to participate any of the activities. There is a risk that a pregnant person could sustain a blow to the abdomen either through falling out the raft, from a paddle of another person or someone falling against them.
Can I swim in the lake?
No. There is no swimming allowed in the lake.
Where is the Terms and Conditions page?
The terms and conditions page link is here.
Will I need to fill out a form in order to participate?
Once you make your booking, you will receive your booking confirmation and an acknowledgement form. This form needs to be completed and submitted at Check In before doing any activity at Vector Wero.
You can also fill in the acknowledgement form beforehand and submit it when you check in at reception. To download the PDF file, click here.
Do I need to pay for parking?
Parking is complimentary and is included in your booking.
What is your refund policy?
Once your booking is confirmed, there are no refunds if you have less participants on the day. If you cancel your booking, you will not be provided with a refund. Please keep this in mind when booking your activity.
Can I take photos or videos of my group rafting if I am not participating in the activity?
Yes! You are welcome to take photos or videos during rafting trips from the side of the river. Please ensure you stand behind the chain fence and follow all Vector Wero Whitewater Park staff instructions. Feel free to ask our check-in team for more information when you arrive.
Can I use or bring my drone to the Park?
Yes - please click here for the requirements for drone use at Vector Wero Whitewater Park.
What is your cancellation/reschedule policy?
Please click here to view the Vector Wero Whitewater Park Cancellation Policy. Main points are summarised below:
- Should you be deemed unfit under Clause 8 of the T&Cs, the booking will be cancelled, and you will not be provided with a refund;
- The Park reserves the right to cancel any activity at any time for reasons beyond the Parks reasonable control and if so, the Park will refund or transfer your ticket/s or booking/s;
- Your booking/ticket cannot be given or sold to anyone else;
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your booking, or you need to decrease the number of participants after payment/confirmation, you may be eligible for a full or partial refund as outlined below;
- More than 14 days in advance of the booking date = 100% refund/reschedule
- Less than 14 days in advance of the booking date = 50% refund/reschedule
- Less than 72 hours in advance of the booking date = NO refund/reschedule
- If you call back within 24 hours of making the booking, you may be eligible for a refund/reschedule. This will be determined at the Park’s discretion