Tamariki River Rafting
To meet government guidelines, all visitors and customers will be required to give information and/or present their My Vaccine Pass (MVP) through our booking process, at Check-in or when visiting the facility. Any person who cannot present an MVP will not be allowed to enter the premises nor participate in any activity.
Please note that students attending as part of an EOTC activity with a registered school, are exempt from this requirement.
If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms prior to your visit or activity, please stay home and call your doctor or Healthline on 0800 358 5453 for advice about getting tested. You will be eligible for a reschedule of your activity or a full refund.
For more information, click here.
Ideal for students 8 - 15 years, teamwork is the name of the game with students navigating their raft down a 200m section of white water, our Tamariki River. With a qualified guide in each raft, students will learn how to paddle in unison and maintain control before leaving the lake and launching into the rapids. Adventurous, but safe enough to teach assessment and problem solving skills – a great introduction to white water rafting! Over the course of an hour, groups will run the river multiple times, with the opportunity to swim the rapids for those brave enough!
- Students must be 8 years or over on the day of the activity.
Allow two ( 2 ) hours from check-in time.
- Check-in & safety briefing (45 min)
- Rafting (1 hour)
- Students ready to depart (15-30 min)
- Please note that the waterfall-add on is not available on this course
- Standard check-in times: 9am, 10.30am, 12pm (Later check in times available by arrangement, subject to availability and daylight hours)
- Minimum guide ratio 1:8 - please consider the adult to student ratio set by your school when enquiring. Vector Wero does not require adults to participate.
- Swimming gear is highly recommended
- Changing rooms/showers on site
- Gear Included:
- Life jacket
- Wetsuit boots
- Wetsuits available for hire (please enquire upon booking)
- Maximum numbers per session
- 1 March – 30 Nov: 42 participants
- 1 Dec – 1 Apr: 56 participants
- Please note that Friday's & Saturday's are not available to book in December.
- Please click here to review the terms and conditions of the white water park before booking.