Kathmandu Coast to Coast Grade 2 Certificate
Make a BookingClose
Assessment session for the Kathmandu® Coast to Coast Grade 2 Kayaking Skills Certificate. For bookings, call 09 976 7777 or email email@example.com.
Vector Wero is an authorised assessor to gain a Grade 2 Kayaking Skills Certificate for the Kathmandu® Coast to Coast World Multi-Sport Championships.
The two hour session includes the following checks below. For the full certificate assessment checklist, go to the Kathmandu® Coast to Coast website (click here).
- Demonstrate competency in your race boat
- Identify hazards and risks associated with kayaking on Grade 2 white water
- General paddling skills demonstrated (forward and back paddling, low braces, ferry glides and breaking in and out of eddies)
- Demonstrate understanding of gear and safety equipment
- Demonstrate self rescue in Grade 2 white water
- Whitewater float position
- Active swimming
- Buddy/boat rescues
- Receiving throw bag
- Demonstrate an understanding of hypothermia symptoms, prevention and treatment
- Your race boat (or a similar boat if renting for the race) will be required for the certificate session.
- This is a skills assessment session and not a training course. Lesson are not required but are recommended to ensure you have the required knowledge and experience to pass the assessment.
- An understanding of basic river hazards and hydrology
- Own race boat for the session
Two ( 2 ) hour session
Dri-fit shirt, shorts and lace up shoes. Bring your own towel and sunscreen. Refrain from wearing jewellery and other valuables.
- Use of changing rooms with shower
Available Add Ons
- Boat and equipment
- Lockers are $2.00 per two hours. Payment via debit/credit card and coins only.
- Please click here to review the terms and conditions of the white water park before booking.
Click here for frequently asked questions.