Terms & Conditions
Vector Wero Whitewater Park Terms and Conditions
You are purchasing a booking to an area and an activity that involves risks. For us to manage risk we need your help, cooperation and common sense. This way everyone has a safe and fun time. If you are booking for others you must share these Terms and Conditions with them.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all purchases and to all people entering the Vector Wero Whitewater Park. If you are unsure as to whether you are able to take part in any activity, or you have any questions concerning these Park Terms and Conditions, please contact us before booking.
For the purposes of these terms "Park" means Vector Wero Whitewater Park, and "You" means the customer, being any person taking part in or viewing any activity at the Park.
- Important Notices
- Once within the Park areas of still and moving water are exposed i.e. no fences just like in nature.
- Canoeing, kayaking, rafting and other activities available at the Park carry inherent risks. These include but are not limited to cuts, abrasions, sunburn, impact injuries, physical exertion, dehydration, inhalation of water, the potential for physical contact with other persons and/or canoeing, kayaking and rafting equipment, ejection from the water craft, and physical contact with water course infrastructure. This may result in injury or even death.
- To take part in the activities available at the Park you must be in good physical health and able to undertake and successfully complete the relevant activity assessment. However, your participation in any activity remains at the discretion of the Park. You must disclose to the Park any medical or physical conditions that may or will affect your ability to participate in the activity and/or inform any first aid or emergency medical treatment that you may require. You authorise the Park to share your personal and medical information with its staff, and any medical practitioner, ambulance officer, or other person involved or associated with any first aid or medical treatment or assistance that you may require, regardless of whether treatment is actually given.
- By entering the Park, you have accepted, and agreed to comply with, these Park Terms and Conditions.
- In making a booking on behalf of a group, you are responsible for ensuring all group members comply with these Park Terms and Conditions and are aware of the inherent risks.
- You will only be allowed to participate in the activity if the required safety equipment fits you properly, as determined by the Park.
- Safety vests must be worn for all water activities. The buoyancy aids fit chest sizes between 69 centimetres and 120 centimetres.
- Please note that standard buoyancy aids do not support weights in excess of 120 kilograms for rafting. Customers over 120 kilograms must contact Park staff before booking to discuss other options available.
- Park staff can assist any customers who have questions regarding sizing and the fitting of safety equipment. Please call the Park to discuss any questions you may have before booking.
- The Park will try to meet customer requests for grouping individuals together for white water rafting, however this cannot be guaranteed. To ensure a group of individuals will not be split up, customers must charter a whole raft.
- Please note that if you fail an activity assessment or stop participating in an activity at any time, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Children and Young People
- Children under 13 years old must be accompanied by his/her parent or another responsible adult at all times throughout their visit to the Park.
- A Parental/Guardian/Responsible Adult must sign countersign the Information and Acknowledgement Form for all participants under 18 years old before the activity can take place. If this form is not submitted the booking will be cancelled.
- Age restrictions apply to the following activities. Age is at the time activity takes place and ages are a minimum.
- White water rafting – Grade 3-4 Course 13 years
- White water rafting – Grade 2 Course 5 years; a ratio of a minimum of one (1) adult/guardian to every two (2) children between 5 and 8 years.
- All flatwater activities - 5 years; a ratio of a minimum of one (1) adult/guardian to every two (2) children between 5 and 8 years while taking part in the activity.
In addition, for any activity that is not instructor-lead, a parent or guardian or another responsible adult must directly supervise a child aged 5-13 years at all times during the activity.
- Unless by prior agreement all activities and equipment booked must be paid in full via credit card, cash or EFTPOS at the time of booking.
- Subject to any rights that you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993:
- if you cancel your booking you will not be provided with a refund;
- your booking/ticket cannot be given or sold to anyone else; and
- the Park reserves the right to cancel any activity at any time for reasons beyond its reasonable control and if so it will refund or transfer your ticket/s.
- The cancellation policy set out in clause 4.a.i is based on a genuine pre-estimate of loss to the Park as your booking may not be able to be re-sold to another customer at the same or any other price, and the Park will have taken steps to ensure that your booking may be serviced by the Park, including by making staffing arrangements. The cancellation policy is not intended to operate as a penalty.
- Subject to any rights that you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993:
- Equipment, Instruction and Supervision
- If you choose to use your own craft/equipment you should first ensure that the craft/equipment is safe, clean, and free of aquatic weed, of satisfactory quality and fit for the purpose of the relevant activity. If you have any concerns regarding the compliance of your equipment you should, before booking, contact the Park and you will be provided with advice.
- The Park will also inspect your craft/equipment before the activity begins. The Park may refuse to allow you to use any craft/equipment which, in our staff’s opinion, is not safe, clean, free of aquatic weed, or of satisfactory quality and fit for the purpose of the relevant activity.
- The training and instruction you will receive from Park staff is specific to the Park environment. The Park does not represent, warrant, or guarantee that the skills learnt on any Park activity will be transferable to any other activity, which will occur in a different environment and therefore carry different risks.
- All forms and safety briefings are provided in English and completion is compulsory. In order to safely participate in any activity at the Park you must be able to understand the forms and briefings in full. Park staff may determine that you are unable to participate in the activity safely if you are not sufficiently proficient in English. If you feel you do not understand any aspect of the safety briefing given to you, please let the Park staff know immediately.
- Respecting our staff and other customers
- In booking and participating in any Park activity you agree to follow all signage and the instructions and directions of our staff.
- If you do not act in accordance with these Park Terms and Conditions you may be required to leave the Park without any entitlement to a refund.
- Unsafe, dangerous or otherwise threatening behaviour will not be tolerated. If you are part of a group which causes a disturbance, the group will be treated as one and our staff have the right to remove the whole group from the Park and no refunds will be given.
- Your personal property
You are not encouraged to bring valuables of any kind into the Park. It is at your discretion if you choose to use any storage area/lockers that may be available.
- Park policies and information
- Pregnant women are not allowed to participate in any white water and flat water activity.
- Smoking (including electronic cigarettes or any other artificial cigarettes or smoking devices) is not permitted anywhere within the Park, which includes the car park and all external areas.
- No BYO alcohol is permitted.
- Any person suspected to be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs and therefore unfit to participate in an activity will be refused admission and where applicable the cancellation conditions in clause 3 of these Park Terms and Conditions will apply.
- Swimming independently from a Park activity is not permitted.
- The personal information we collect about you will be held by the Park's owner, being the Second Nature Charitable Trust, 770 Great South Road, Manukau City, Auckland, New Zealand. Your personal information is being collected so that the Park can provide services to you and keep you and others safe. If you do not provide this information the Park may not be able to provide services to you and/or you may not be allowed to participate in certain activities. Your personal and medical information will be shared with its staff, and any medical practitioner, ambulance officer, or other person involved or associated with any first aid or medical treatment or assistance that you may require (regardless of whether treatment is actually given). If you opt in to receiving further information from the Park via electronic messages such as via email, text and SMS about special events, offerings, and Park updates, your personal information will also be used by the Park for that purpose. You have the right to access and request correction of any personal information about you held by us. For that purpose please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.