Kathmandu Coast to Coast Grade 2 Certificate
Assessment session in preparation for the Kathmandu® Coast to Coast
For session dates and bookings, call 09 976 7777 or email email@example.com.
Do you need to test yourself for the famous Kathmandu® Coast to Coast World Multi-Sport Championships? To complete the kayaking stage of the race, certain skills are required to navigate the course safely and successfully.
The instructors at Vector Wero Whitewater Park will assess your skills in your race kayak and help you with understanding the hazards and safety procedures required to have a successful race run down the Waimakariri River on the big day.
The two hour session includes the following checks below. For the full certificate assessment checklist, go to the Kathmandu® Coast to Coast website (click here).
- Demonstrate competency in your race boat
- Identify hazards and risks associated with kayaking on Grade 2 white water
- General paddling skills demonstrated (forward and back paddling, low braces, ferry glides and breaking in and out of eddies)
- Demonstrate understanding of gear and safety equipment
- Demonstrate self rescue in Grade 2 white water
- Whitewater float position
- Active swimming
- Buddy/boat rescues
- Receiving throw bag
- Demonstrate an understanding of Hypothermia symptoms, prevention and treatment
- Your race boat (or a similar boat if renting for the race) will be required for the certificate session.
- This is a skills assessment session and not a training course.
- Completed Vector Wero’s beginner or intermediate kayaking course or show evidence of prior experience
- An understanding of basic river hazards and hydrology
- Own race boat for the session
Two ( 2 ) hour session
Dri-fit shirt, shorts and lace up shoes. Bring your own towel and sunscreen. Refrain from wearing jewellery and other valuables.
- Use of changing rooms with shower
Available Add Ons
- Boat and equipment
- Lockers are $2.00 per two hours. Payment via debit/credit card and coins only.
- Please click here to review the terms and conditions of the white water park before booking.